The Cheap Spring Break Guide
Yeah…. just teleport us anywhere it’s warmer than -8 degrees please. This winter feels like it will never be over and the snow doesn’t seem to be melting. Use this in-door time to start planning your spring break getaway that is rapidly approaching. Here are a few tips to save $$!
1. Save $ NOW. Think you are too old for a piggy bank? Think again! Grab this adorbs Piggy Bank for under $10 and start saving every penny you find. Once it’s full, take it to a Coinstar and let the $$ add up! You’ll be surprised….
2. Look at ticket costs by destination or figure out cheapest place to drive. Pick a place that has lots of outdoor activities like a beach so you don’t spend a lot when you get there… body surfing , flirting, and tanning are FREE.
3. Do all your spring break wardrobe shopping online. Use Bigwords.com to find swim suites, towels, cooler, and all the beach / party items you need at extremely discounted prices! We found this Billabong Bikini Top for her at 30% off and Billabong Board Shorts for him at 25% off
4. In a group? Rent a house! You can find great houses for extremely cheap on VRBO! Plan your meals and cook most of the nights to save some extra $$.
5. Drinks will be your biggest expense when on Spring Break. DO NOT.. I REPEAT!! DO NOT open a tab. You will end up either leaving your card or paying $200 bar tabs cause a hotty flirted with you. Try to use cash as much as possible (you will be more reluctant to spend it). Use a Cooler like the one we found on Bigwords.com for $15 bucks to save a ton of cash.
6. Pack picnics for the day. If you are on a beach, this is way better than going to an overpriced restaurant. Did I mention you can find picnic supplies super discounted when you price compare on Bigwords.com? We found this Picnic Pack for under $15 bucks!
7. Stay away from Joe Francis……