Five Summer Romance Novels You Can Vicariously Live Through
Summer is halfway over …
and by now, you might have given up hope that you’ll find the Danny to your Sandy. Don’t worry – you still have six weeks to find a special someone before jetting back to school. But just in case you don’t, we compiled a list of some of the best summer romance books around. And if you don’t know where to look, we’ll make it really easy for you – they’re all available through BIGWORDS!
- The Notebook (Nicholas Spark) Long before Ryan Gosling became a heartthrob with feminist Tumblr tribute, Nicholas Sparks’s tale of Allie and Noah’s undying love was a New York Times bestseller that flew off the shelves. If you’re looking for a happy ending, this book probably isn’t for you, but if you’re in the mood to cry and dream about some man taking you on a romantic rowboat ride, The Notebook has everything you’re looking for. (BIGWORDS found it for only $3.91**!)
- Somebody to Love (by Kristan Higgins) – Kristin Higgins brings readers another novel about summer romance, this time through a tale about a woman born into privilege who flees to a small town in Maine after losing everything. While there, she falls for a man who has been under her nose the entire time. (BIGWORDS found it for $3.39!)
- The Starboard Sea (by Amber Dermont) – This book chronicles love, loss, friendship and scandal against the backdrop of a New England boarding school. A beautifully written novel that centers around a young sailor who is struggling to cope with the suicide of his best friend and the mysterious death of another friend. This must-read is hard to put down and Dermont’s writing will make you feel like you’re in the middle of the protagonist’s storm. (BIGWORDS found it for $3.39!)
- Come to the Edge (by Christina Haag) – Ever wondered what it would be like to date a Kennedy? Christina Haag’s touching and hauntingly honest memoir chronicles her love affair with America’s prince, John F. Kennedy, Jr. Anyone who has ever felt the blinding happiness of a great love and the heartache over losing it will relate to Haag’s novel. (BIGWORDS found it for $1!)
- The Matchmaker (by Elin Hilderbrand) – Hilderbrand, the current queen of the summer beach read, does it again with her latest book. Set in Nantucket, Hilderbrand tells the story of a middle-aged professional matchmaker who lost her own true love long ago. Now that man is back, leading to confusion and, ultimately, love. Currently available only in hardcover. (BIGWORDS found it for $12.13!)
**BIGWORDS prices may change due to availability, but our price comparison search engine will still always find you the cheapest price online.